- How long have you been natural? For over two years now!
- Why did you decide to go natural? At first, I just wanted the freedom of wash and go in the Spring/Summer, so I did just that for a whole Summer. By the time Fall rolled around, I just got some new color and didn’t get a relaxer; I’ve been relaxer free ever since!
- Were your friends and family supportive of your decision to go natural? My friends and family always liked my hair curly and wondered why I didn’t wear it like that more often - I was the one that had to get used to it!
- Do you think society’s perception of you has changed now that you are natural? Nope! I get lots of compliments and I LOVE my curls!
- Do you have any tips for those transitioning? Since we all have different textures of hair, I can only share what I did. Also, understand I didn’t start from scratch, cutting my hair off and growing it back. What I noticed about my hair, was the edges and maybe the middle would need a relaxer, while the rest of my hair was fine. So, for me when I wouldn’t wear it curly, I just hit the edges with a flat iron, WAY too often! My tip would be to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- How would you describe your hair vibe? Vibrant, sexy, carefree and fabulous! I’m a red head now so also a bit sultry.
- Which 3 hair products could you not live without? I swear by Pantene Hydrating Curls shampoo and conditioner, my Motions pink light oil moisturizer and sexy silky hair serum!
- What is your favorite hair style? My luscious curls after it has been two strand twisted
- Are you completely satisfied with the state of your natural hair? If not, when will you be completely satisfied? I love my hair! It is growing and is super healthy, even though I get it professionally dyed and highlighted. I will be ultra satisfied when my hair gets longer, but of course!
- Do you ever think you will go back to relaxers or texturizers? NEVER!!!
- Last but not least, describe your daily routine and your wash routine? In the Summer, I used to wash my hair everyday and let it air dry. Now that it’s a bit too cold, I wash 2-3 times a week and two strand twist it after applying my Motions and Silky Sexy hair serum. The serum keeps the curls defined and not frizzy, so I love this wonderful potion! At night, I may two strand twist or just put up in a pony tail and take it out in the morning for volume.
Follow me as I continue my "au naturel" hair journey, life as a wife, and experiences as a new mommy.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Spotlight - Bianca
Bianca is in the spotlight today! Bianca is one of the sassiest and most fashionable people that I know and her hair totally reflects her fun, spunky personality. Check out her wonderful blog too! Enjoy!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)