- How long have you been natural? For over two years now!
- Why did you decide to go natural? At first, I just wanted the freedom of wash and go in the Spring/Summer, so I did just that for a whole Summer. By the time Fall rolled around, I just got some new color and didn’t get a relaxer; I’ve been relaxer free ever since!
- Were your friends and family supportive of your decision to go natural? My friends and family always liked my hair curly and wondered why I didn’t wear it like that more often - I was the one that had to get used to it!
- Do you think society’s perception of you has changed now that you are natural? Nope! I get lots of compliments and I LOVE my curls!
- Do you have any tips for those transitioning? Since we all have different textures of hair, I can only share what I did. Also, understand I didn’t start from scratch, cutting my hair off and growing it back. What I noticed about my hair, was the edges and maybe the middle would need a relaxer, while the rest of my hair was fine. So, for me when I wouldn’t wear it curly, I just hit the edges with a flat iron, WAY too often! My tip would be to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- How would you describe your hair vibe? Vibrant, sexy, carefree and fabulous! I’m a red head now so also a bit sultry.
- Which 3 hair products could you not live without? I swear by Pantene Hydrating Curls shampoo and conditioner, my Motions pink light oil moisturizer and sexy silky hair serum!
- What is your favorite hair style? My luscious curls after it has been two strand twisted
- Are you completely satisfied with the state of your natural hair? If not, when will you be completely satisfied? I love my hair! It is growing and is super healthy, even though I get it professionally dyed and highlighted. I will be ultra satisfied when my hair gets longer, but of course!
- Do you ever think you will go back to relaxers or texturizers? NEVER!!!
- Last but not least, describe your daily routine and your wash routine? In the Summer, I used to wash my hair everyday and let it air dry. Now that it’s a bit too cold, I wash 2-3 times a week and two strand twist it after applying my Motions and Silky Sexy hair serum. The serum keeps the curls defined and not frizzy, so I love this wonderful potion! At night, I may two strand twist or just put up in a pony tail and take it out in the morning for volume.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Bianca is in the spotlight today! Bianca is one of the sassiest and most fashionable people that I know and her hair totally reflects her fun, spunky personality. Check out her wonderful blog too! Enjoy!