Thursday, August 7, 2008
Well after a day of having the Kinky-Curly Custard in my hair, I have come to somewhat of a conclusion. Below are my pros and cons.
- Great smell. The product smells like angel food cake.
- Curl definition. I like the "boingy" curl definition I get from this product better than the Aveda Be Curly lotion.
- Lack of consistent curl elongation. My curls were elongated when my hair was wet, but I still experienced shrinkage as my hair began to dry.
- Product residue in my hair. Sections of my hair feel "tacky" and "goey". Forget letting my bf run his fingers through my fro!
- Curl definition. Yes, this is a con too. I like a lot of volume; more of a curly fro. Maybe as the week goes on, I'll be able to achieve a more voluminous look.
I think I avoided the crunchy feeling that a lot of people experienced, by using Baby Buttercreme on top of the Kinky-Curly Custard. I also forgot to mention that I also used the Knot Today leave in conditioner/detangler. I really like this product as a leave in and maybe even I could just use this for my twist outs.
I am going to try this product again, maybe layering it with other products. I really think this product has some good qualities.
Next up: I think I am going to get a mohawk with sewn in curly weave for my trip to Mexico. I'll be sure to post pictures of that next week. If i come across any more findings in relation to the Kinky-Curly Custard, I will be sure to share.